To manually generate license keys for an order, you can use one of two ways. Firstly, you can mark the order as complete which will trigger the license creation or secondly, you can use the ‘Generate License Key(s)’ order action. Here is how to achieve this:
By marking order as complete if it is not complete already.
- Go to WooCommerce > Orders, labelled (1) amd (2) in the screenshot to see the list of orders available and select the order you wish to generate keys for.
- Once you have opened the order, you have to select the new order status by choosing ‘Complete’ in the ‘Status’ field labelled (3) in the screenshot above.
- Lastly, click the ‘Update’ button under ‘Order Actions’ to update the order. This will trigger the license key generation process.
Use the ‘Generate License Key(s)’ option
- Go to WooCommerce > Orders, labelled (1) and (2) on the screenshot to show the orders list, choose the order you wish to generate licenses for.
- Under ‘Order Actions’, select ‘Generate License Key(s)’ labelled (5) in the drop down list.
- Click the arrow button labelled (6) to process the action. This will generate the license keys for the items in this order.
Once the license is generated it will be listed under the order notes.