Why License Server for WooCommerce?
License Server for WooCommerce allows you to quickly sell your WordPress plugins & themes direct from your WooCommerce store. Provide license activation keys and automatic updates hosted on your store. Easily integrate the license system with your existing products with just a few lines of code and our single-file library. It is powered by an easy-to-use, robust REST API that provides activation, deactivation, updates and more.
Save time by providing activation keys that ensure your users have valid licenses for updates and support. License Server for WooCommerce is the fastest way to add licensing and updates to your WordPress plugins and themes. Save Time. Reduce Support. License Quickly.
How does it work?
It only takes a few minutes to create software license enabled products as a store admin. Integrating the license system into your products can be achieved with just a few lines of code. The license key is added to the order item automatically after the customer has made a purchase. Customers can then install and quickly activate their product to receive updates when you release them.
Flexible Licensing Options
There are various licensing options available with the License Server.
- Single Site licenses – License key(s) activated on a single site only.
- Multi-site licenses – License key(s) activated on multiple sites.
- Staging site licenses – Licenses key(s) activated on staging sites.
- Multiple license types are available, including monthly, quarterly or annual. Define custom license types to extend your capabilities.\
Easy License Management
License management is straight forward with a dedicated license management screen with the admin area. View and edit licenses, manually add or remove domains from a license and more. Generate licenses manually, or expire licenses manually.
License keys are generated automatically based on specific product details and automatically expire at the end of their license type period. Licenses can be extended after they expire to allow customers to continue to use the same license key after each license interval.
Multiple Product Types Supported
Support for both Simple and Variable products comes standard with the License Server. Various product types allow a range of options when configuring your products for sale. Extend your products and provide multiple license types, including monthly, annual or lifetime.
With seamless support for WooCommerce Subscriptions, you can enable automatic renewals and payments, reducing your workload and increasing your recurring revenue. You can offer a range of subscription lengths from daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
Safe and Secure
The License Server provides software update URLs that can obfuscate the download link to ensure secure downloads that cannot be shared. Customers must have a valid account to download the product from your site. Advanced logging can be enabled, providing metrics related to domains activated.
Data is essential when running a store, which is why License Server for WooCommerce provides a range of detailed reports that can help you with your marketing, planning and support.
The following reports are available to the store admins
- Activated License
- Expiring/Expired Customers
- Renewal Rate
- Retention Rate
- Recent Licenses
Empower your customers, reduce support requests
Customers have access to view and manage their license keys and downloads directly from their my-account page from your store. Empower your users to support themselves with the right tools
- View Orders/Subscriptions
- Download their software
- View license keys
- Renew Licenses
- View API Keys
- Manually activate or deactivate domains on licenses
Customers are notified via email when their licenses are about to expire. Choose a custom reminder interval to give your customers enough time to renew their license before it expires.
Easy integration with your plugins and themes
An easy-to-use integration requires just a few lines of code and the client library to add license key and update support to your products. The client library is a single file that handles all interactions with the API for your product. This results in a lightweight integration that only takes minutes to complete. Compatible with the WordPress Updates API exposing your plugins and themes to automatic updates, activation and deactivation. Notify customers of expired licenses keys directly within the WordPress admin area.
Designed for performance
Utilising WordPress’ built-in caching system reduces the database and system calls to ensure fast API response times. Caches are automatically updated within the defined intervals, which can be overridden. Reduce server load times when it matters. This design results in your only bottleneck will be selling enough licenses.
Built by developers for developers
The entire system is built on top of a simple, straight forward REST API. Lots of hooks and filters allow upgrade-safe customisation without compromise. Extensive API documentation, easy to read source code ensures you can integrate License Server for WooCommerce seamlessly into your store and products.
Extensive logging, including per license key logs, allows you to debug any possible issues you may face when supporting the thousands of unique WordPress configurations your plugins and themes power.
Our API makes it easy for you to get data from the license server. You can read our full documentation on our site.
- Connect to the store
- Automatic API key generation
- Download software automatically using the client library
- Bulk license activation
- Bulk license deactivation
- View plugin/theme information
- View customer’s purchased plugins/themes
- Check for updates
- Activate / Deactivate licenses
- Add/remove a domain to a license
Software License Server for WooCommerce allows you to quickly sell your WordPress plugins & themes direct from your WooCommerce store. Provide license activation keys and automatic updates hosted on your store. Easily integrate the license system with your existing products with just a few lines of code and our single-file library. It is powered by an easy to use, robust REST API that provides activation, deactivation, updates and more.
Software Installation Instructions
1.In WordPress admin, go to ‘Plugins > Add New’, in the page that open’s click ‘Upload Plugin’ and click ‘Browse’ to select the plugin from your computer.
2. Select the plugin zip file and click ‘Install Now’.
3. Click ‘Activate Plugin’ on the installation page.
2022-03-16 - Version 1.0.2
* Added: Delete or expire license with refund given. #72 (#98)
* Fixed: Adding a second file to a licensed product will choose the latest file to serve as the update #78 (#84)
* Fixed: License activation/deactivation issue for end users #99 (#102)
* Fixed: Can't remove domain from my-account page. #100 (#103)
* Fixed: The activation limit is set to 1, but it shows there are 2 activations (#97)
* Fixed: license key expiry day displayed incorrectly. (#95)
* Updated: Hide staging activations if the license does not allow staging activations #93 (#96)
* Update license client and apply coding standards (#90)
2022-01-28 - Version 1.0.1
* Fixed: Staging activation isn't working #74
* Fixed: SQL Errors on reports page bug #85
* Fixed: Domain status and environment do not save when editing license bug #79
* Fixed: Activation count is incorrect bug #76
* Fixed: Can't deactivate a license from license screen #75
* Fixed: Activation log date is incorrect #74
* Fixed: Staging activation isn't working bug #73
2021-10-29 - version 1.0.0
* Initial release